lördag 26 oktober 2013

Dazed

“She took my money...” I squealed like the sad little piglet I was. I fell effortlessly on my belly after a half-hearted try to get up from the bed. I sighed and stared in to the abyss, which happened to be a coffee table with two overturned glasses and an uncomfortable but stylish hotel chair. There where complaints waiting to to be said but all I could afford was a low moaning. The headache from last nights drinking didn't make anything better.

We'd eventually reached the coast yesterday, and soon found a perfect little resort to bolster our energy. It was a rather fancy place and we ended up drinking with four business men from Hue who was there on some mini vacation. They treated us with both alcohol and cigarettes, happily giving us way more then we actually wanted. It was hard to refuse since they wanted nothing in return. We got fairly blasted before we managed to thank them properly and leave so there was two very happy Swedes who went to get some massages.

Two turns in the sauna and long massage later had most of my body went in to coma. I was gratefully thanking the kind lady when she reached out her cupped hands and asked for, what I assumed was, money. We'd already paid in advance so it's possible she just wanted a tip, but all I had left was a 500.000 Dong bill which she got after a lot of confusion. The massage itself had cost about 90.000. Maybe that's why I was so upset when I woke up the day after, maybe I was just mad that I was so easy to fool. I'm finally over it now, almost 24 hours later, and I can see now that someone with such a talent and timing in puppy-eye begging deserves the money.

//Nisse

3 kommentarer:

  1. As I dream of adventures in the jungle, I look out over a gray, windy, forest with trees losing their leaves, and the non-essentials of industrialized Anglo-saxon hyperconsumption surrounding me. I am encouraged by your fearlessness. You are living the experience for the rest of us achingly average folks, living our lives to the ordinary rhythms of mediocrity, but still longing for The Great Adventure. Well Done! Quit talking about it and Do It! You have answered the call.

    SvaraRadera
  2. How much is 500 000 in Swedish money ?

    SvaraRadera
  3. To mr. svebsson; thank you for your cheerful comments and overall positive attitude, saying that it warms us wouldn't appropriately capture our gratefulness since it's hot enough over here, but it fills us with joy. It seems like you've already planned your own adventure and I'm sure it will commence soon.

    To Erik, we just had dinner for 275.000 Dong. That answers as much of your question as we can, we don't really know either.

    //Nisse

    SvaraRadera