fredag 11 oktober 2013

Delay

The fall caught up with us in Sweden and the cold is slowly taking a hold of Stockholm. I like the fall, the colours on the trees shift in beautiful nuances and a general cosiness sweeps over the population in the north. The big comfy winter clothes are taken down from the attic, but I'd expected to be somewhere else by this time. We've been delayed two weeks from our travel to Vietnam, due to massive chaos and death all around the Vietnamese coast caused by insane rainfall and wind probably reaching far above the known scales to measure. It didn't really seem suiting to go on a holiday in a country more in need of doctors and engineers then two lost tourists making a mess in the wilderness but now the calm have returned after two weeks. The tickets are bought, the backs are packed and we're ready to go.

Boarding that first plane away from Sweden have been the only thing on my mind for the past month and in the extra two weeks I've become desperate. Someone told me that there's a difference between looking forward to something and obsessively longing and waiting for it to happen, but I've been struggling to put the trip on hold and focus on making something happen back home. After many long goodbyes with friends I couldn't take up contact again just to take of again in a few days, meaning I've lived undercover these days. Instead I've retreated to adventurous documentaries and silly games, hidden in my room without dignity.

I've also reminisced about previous travels and the amazing things I've seen. Themes from Lord of the Rings tend to play in my head while picturing these amazing sites; mountains above the clouds, corals crackling with life, the most distant national parks or the windiest costs, but tomorrow, finally, I get to share this experience with my father.

//Nisse

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar